Do you need a crispy snack that’s gluten-free, low-carb, and delicious?
When my son Owen was on a low-carb diet for his epilepsy, we made these a lot.
While his diet worked great on the seizures, it didn’t work so well with his behavior. So we took him off the diet.
But now that he’s eating regular food again, we still make these crispy cheese snacks on occasion. They’re that good!
What do you need to make a batch of this tasty gluten-free snack?
Yup. One single ingredient. You can pick mild, medium, or sharp based on your own taste preferences. I prefer the sharp, the kids love the mild.
Cookie sheet, knife, silicone mat or parchment paper, and a rack for cooling.
See? I really did mean it was simple!
Directions for Making a Simple & Crispy Gluten-Free Snack
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Line cookie sheet with silicone mat or parchment (silicone is my preferred liner!)
3. Slice cheese fairly thin (like for a sandwich). I used a 2 lb block to slice from and used the short side. Don’t worry if the slices aren’t even. Just do your best.
4. Put cheese on prepared sheet
5. Bake for 10 minutes or until nicely browned
6. Take off pan and cool a few minutes on a rack
7. Enjoy your cheesy, crispy snack!
Benefits of This Snack
Crispy cheese is kid approved.
Crispy cheese is very low carb.
Crispy cheese provides a lot of protein.
Crispy cheese just tastes good! In fact, all seven of my kids enjoyed this easy gluten-free snack!.
I’m thinking of trying this with different kinds of cheese. I think Bryan and I would really enjoy Pepper Jack. The kids may like mozzarella.
Have you ever made crispy cheese? What did you think of it? Did you enjoy it as much as we did?
I’d love to hear ideas for super simple snacks!