Have you ever played the game Would You Rather from Zobmondo? It’s one we really enjoy. In fact, we think it’s such a fun game that we modified it so the younger kids can play. Then we changed it a little more, so we can play in the car. We created some great questions for a Thanksgiving edition today, and I wanted to share those with you.
If you’re looking for an easy activity for some Thanksgiving family fun, give this a try.
First…the Modified Rules
Don’t worry, you don’t need to own the game to play this version. In fact, you don’t need anything in terms of supplies.
That’s what makes if perfect for the car trip, or to play at Grandma’s house while you’re waiting for turkey.
As a family, pick a theme for your questions. This version is obviously about Thanksgiving!
You pick one person to go first. That person thinks of two options, and then asks the other players, “Would you rather (opt. 1) or (opt. 2).
Then everyone answers. And no, you can’t pick an option that wasn’t presented! You have to pick one of the two.
Once everyone has answered, it’s time for my favorite part of the game. You get to explain why you picked what you did.
Then, another player asks a new question. Keep taking turns until you run out of ideas or until the food is ready!
This game provides great insight into how my children think, and I’ve learned a lot about them playing.
Speaking of my kids…here are my three little girls and me!
Sample Thanksgiving Questions
Here are some of our favorite Thanksgiving would you rather questions.
1. Would you rather eat 1 pickle or 10 olives?
2. Would you rather eat only desserts or only appetizers?
3. Would you rather play a game you love but everyone else hated, or one that you hated but everyone else loved?
4. Would you rather eat turkey or pie with your fingers?
5. Would you rather not have cranberries or not have mashed potatoes?
6. Would you rather get up early to go shopping on Black Friday, or not shop for a month?
7. Would you rather eat a whole turkey or 5 turkey legs?
8. Would you rather have an apple pie or a pumpkin pie in a pie eating contest?
9. Would you rather have a piece of pumpkin pie with no whipped cream, or a piece of chocolate pie with no whipped cream?
10. Would you rather stay home for Thanksgiving or go somewhere else?
11. Would you rather watch sports or a sappy Christmas movie for Thanksgiving?
12. Would you rather eat everything with your non-dominant hand or with a spoon?
As you can see, the questions can be anything! We had so much fun playing this in the car on our way home from our church’s pie and praise fellowship tonight.
We also played a superhero edition–which was also fun!
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
No matter who you spend it with, or what games you play, I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!