This post may contain affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. You can find my disclosure page here.
A brief update to my long lost last night.
After talking and praying this morning, and checking out the forecast, Bryan and I decided to postpone Owen’s VNS surgery.
With highs in the 100s for the next long while, and an old house with no A/C, and a little boy who doesn’t sweat properly and is prone to overheating, we decided to doing the surgery today, and then not having Owen be able to get relief through bathing and playing in the little pool outside wasn’t fair to him. Nor was trying to keep him from getting his incisions wet while doing water play. Owen is kind of an in love with water kid!
This also gives us a chance to give the diet a longer run before we do the surgery, so we can have a better idea of what change is having an impact. Too many changes in a month is not always a good idea!
We will reschedule for October or so–everyone is predicting a long, hot summer here.
Thank you for your prayers, I really appreciate them! Trying to figure this medical stuff out is a challenge…
Now I’m off to take a mornin nap while Owen and Brynna are still sleeping!